We want you to have a wonderful time during your vacation on Galveston Island. At the same time, Be My Galveston Guest is serious about maintaining a peaceful family atmosphere for your enjoyment as well as the enjoyment of all the people in the neighborhood. We are also committed to informing you about company rules and local laws. Please read the following carefully.
- Are made online, by phone or in person.
- Once we receive your reservation: Be My Galveston Guest LLC will email, fax or mail a rental agreement to the leaseholder.
- Leaseholder will review, sign and return documents to Be My Galveston Guest LLC via email- BeMyGalvestonGuest@gmail.com or mail to P.O. Box 1113, Galveston, Texas 77553.
- Be My Galveston Guest will process payment, review documents and email a confirmation.
- Your reservation is NOT confirmed until we email you a confirmation.
- The leaseholder is at least 25 years old and must be an occupant during the entire stay.
- All cars, pets & guests will be registered on page 4 of the agreement.
- House occupancy will not be exceeded.
- The property is NON-SMOKING. Smokers will smoke outside and dispose of butts properly.
- Loud music and noise is prohibited. Quiet hours are 11 pm to 6 am.
- Unforeseen emergencies do occur. We will try our best to work with you.
- All cancellations must be in writing and sent by email, mail or text.
- Travelers who cancel at least 60 days before check-in will get back 100% of the amount they’ve paid less a $150 cancellation fee. If the travelers cancel between 30 and 60 days before check-in, they’ll get back 50%. Otherwise, they won’t get a refund.
- Once your reservation is confirmed with a payment – cancellations, date changes or switching of accommodations will activate the cancellation policy.
- In the case of a mandatory evacuation, Guests agree to evacuate homes as per City of Galveston orders.
- In the case of evacuation, the decision to re-enter the house is solely that of the Property Mgt. Company.
CHECK-IN is after 4:00 pm.
- The day prior to your arrival, check-in information will be emailed to the email address on file.
- Any balance due will be processed the day prior to your arrival, except if your arrival is scheduled on a Sunday, Monday or a Holiday, then your balance is due by noon that Friday. Your final payment will be processed on the card you provided unless you make other arrangements prior to the due date and time.
- Please check your email before check-in so you have all the information you will need to access the unit.
CHECK-OUT is by 10:00 am.
- Any holdover on or after the scheduled day of departure at 10 am will be subject to a $500 per day fee.
- For lost or unreturned keys, remotes or cards you will be charged $200.
- $500.00 is required on all rentals, and are collected by major credit cards- Visa, MasterCard or Discover.
- The damage deposit is processed on your arrival date and as an authorization only.
- A charge is not run unless there are actual damages done to the property.
- Items charged to damage deposit include but are not limited to: smoking inside, unauthorized pets, leaving the house excessively dirty, using household linens (sheets, towels, blankets, etc) at the beach/ pools. We generally define excessive dirtiness as: more than a large garbage bag of trash spread throughout the property, excessive food spilled around the house and in the stove and refrigerator, trash on the ground outside, etc. Any damage to the furnishings or removal of housekeeping, linens, decorative or permanent items will also be charged to you.
Renter/Tenant shall defend, indemnify, and hold Be My Galveston Guest LLC harmless from and against any and all claims, costs (including attorney’s fees), damages and liabilities arising or alleged to arise from any injuries to any person(s) or damage to any Renter/Tenant property occurring during the rental period in or about the rented property.
PROPERTIES LISTED FOR SALE
We cannot guarantee that the property will not be sold prior to your rental arrival date. In the event that the property is sold before your arrival date and you have a reservation booked for the property, Be My Galveston Guest LLC will do its best to find another suitable rental property for you to lease. If you are agreeable to accepting a replacement property, then you will be expected to sign another rental agreement and to pay the difference in rental rate upon arrival date. If the replacement property is less than the original rental property, Be My Galveston Guest LLC will refund the difference to you upon arrival. If you refuse to accept a replacement property and/or a replacement property cannot be found, then a full refund of the rental deposit will be refunded to you. Please be advised that if we cannot find a replacement property for you then we will direct you to another management company so they may assist you in finding a property.
- Furnishings include linens, kitchen equipment, appliances, heating and air conditioning. All equipment should be in working order when you check in but things do break down unexpectedly! Please report to us as soon as possible so we can take care of it for you. We will make every reasonable effort to resolve the problem promptly. Our goal is to provide you with a clean, safe environment. If something is not to your satisfaction, within 2 hours of your arrival, please call the office immediately so we can correct the problem in a timely manner.
- Reduction of rent cannot be expected for any mechanical failure of a/c’s, heat, appliances, cable/ satellite, internet access, electronics, pools/ hot tubs or any other amenity.
- Complaints of housekeeping or maintenance issues are not accepted at check out and refunds/ credits will not be given.
WHAT TO BRING
- We do not furnish foods of any kind such as seasonings, condiments, etc., grilling supplies such as fluid, charcoal, personal soaps such as shampoo body wash, etc. or cleaning supplies such as dish soap, laundry soap, etc.
- A “starter” supply of paper products such as toilet paper, paper towels, garbage bags, etc. are in each unit, the renter is responsible for additional products during their stay.
- Beach and Pool items: towels, chairs, umbrellas, sun block, repellents and toys!
- Our homes and condominiums are available for monthly rentals during non-peak season. Monthly rates are not subject to 15% hotel/lodging tax.
- Utilities are included with a cap of $300 on electric, $100 on water, $100 on gas, unlimited WiFi, cable- should these monthly utilities go over the cap, renter is responsible for overage. Utilities will vary by size of home and usage.
- Cleaning, parking, reservation, and other fees are paid by the renter in addition to monthly rental fee.
- Some of our homes are pet friendly. If you wish to bring your pet, please be sure you are renting a pet friendly property.
- Leash laws must be obeyed.
- We are happy to accommodate service dogs meeting ADA Guidelines, defined as “a dog that has been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability”.
- Please note the task your service dog has been trained to perform ______________________________
- If you/your friend/your family member is/are traveling with a “comfort dog” (one that has not been trained for a specific task for a person with a disability) we have pet friendly properties to choose from. Call us and we’ll help you find the perfect pet friendly property to accommodate your stay!
- Condo complexes may charge additional parking fees, not included with your total– charges vary and are beyond the control of Be My Galveston Guest.
- Posted street signage (speed limits, parking) will be obeyed.
- All cars will be parked in the driveway, will not be parked on lawns or in a neighbor’s driveway. Vehicles will not be driven or parked anywhere where not allowed. When parking cars on the street, vehicular traffic will not be impeded.
- Motor homes, campers and tents are prohibited and may not be parked or hooked up at rental homes.
- Only people with a valid driver’s license may operate a golf cart. Police will issue tickets.
- Non street-licensed vehicles (4 wheelers, go-carts, dirt bikes, scooters, ATVs, etc.) are not permitted anywhere on Galveston Island.
GRILLS, RAILING AND BALCONIES
- Barbeque grilling on decks is strictly prohibited; it is a fire hazard. Grilling must be done 3-5 feet from any structure
- RAIL WARNINGS- It is extremely important that all guests be aware to never place weight on the railings. We encourage caution and awareness when on decks and balconies. Hanging or throwing items from balconies is prohibited.
BOATING AND FISHING
- While boating, “No Wake” rules in the canals will be obeyed.
- At canal homes, fishing lights must be turned off when not in use.
- Fish will be cleaned where caught. The remains will be carefully wrapped in plastic bags and placed in outdoor trash cans.
- The dunes are off-limits at all times! Walking, digging, standing or driving on dunes is never allowed. Dune crossovers or beach access points will be used to get to the beach. Fines range up to $10,000.
- Seaweed cannot be relocated on the beach without a permit. However, clearing a pathway to the water with a hand rake is allowed.
- Open fires & fireworks are prohibited everywhere on Galveston Island, including the beaches.
- Driving is allowed on certain beaches
- Glass containers are not allowed on Galveston beaches.
- Help keep Galveston clean! Garbage will be put in securely tied plastic bags and placed in the trash bins provided. All trash must be removed from the beach.
WHO TO CONTACT
- For emergencies, call 911.
- For non-emergency police assistance call the Galveston Police at 409-766-2100.
- During your stay, if you have any questions or need assistance regarding your rental property, please call our office at 409-599-4565. If it is after hours, leave your name, number, property that you are renting and the nature of your call. Your call will be returned as soon as possible.
We want our guests to have a great time and have a pleasurable vacation for all involved.
Again, we are happy to serve your vacation needs and look forward to hosting you soon!
Thank you for being My Galveston Guest